For a comfortable, easy stay, we highly recommend driving or hiring a car. There is no direct public transport to Stonefolds. The closest bus stop is located in Fyvie, 4 miles from the farm.
Stonefolds has a good tarred road leading to the farm and cottages suitable for any vehicle.
The nearest airport is Aberdeen International Airport, 25 miles from Stonefolds. There are daily flights to Aberdeen from many major European airports.
The nearest train station is Aberdeen Railway Station, situated in Aberdeen City Centre. The station is approximately 30 miles from Stonefolds.
The nearest bus stop is located in Fyvie, approximately 4 miles from Stonefolds. Although we recommend car hire, or self-drive to Stonefolds, the bus is a great way to explore the area once you are here.
Services operated by Stagecoach run regularly every day. Enjoy a trip on the double decker which connects Aberdeen City, Shire and the Moray Firth, with glorious views along the route.
Stonefolds is located approximately 25 miles, or a one hour drive from Aberdeen. If you are travelling from the south on the A90, please use the directions below.
- Join the A947.
- Drive approx. 10.5 miles until you reach the village of Oldmeldrum.
- Continue driving straight through Oldmeldrum.
- At the roundabout take the 2nd exit and stay on the A947.
- Continue for 7 miles until you reach Fyvie.
- Turn right into the village on to B9005 to Cuminestown.
- Brown signs, directing to Stonefolds Cottages, begin here and are along the route.
- Follow the road through Fyvie.
- Continue for approx. 3.5 miles.
- At the brown sign post for Stonefolds Cottages turn right.
- When you reach the crossroads at the top of the hill, turn left, following the sign post to Stonefolds.
- After ½ a mile, turn right up the road to arrive at your destination. Indicated by a black sign that says Stonefolds Farm & Cottages.
We could not have asked for a better place for our first stop in Scotland. The veiws are better than we have ever seen.”
Ruth & Lynne